About Being a Psychic
The difference between those with psychic Sense-Abilities and those without is simply a matter of training and intention. The mind is not just a function of the body, like an arm or a leg. It is a powerful tool from which we can access the universe and our inner selves. Each of us can learn to stand in our own power, in our own way, and in our own time; psychic training can do all of that.
Open Your Mind
To The spirit World
Sign up and get your free ebook
You see, psychics, and those who are interested in investigating the power of the universe and the unexplainable, share the same characteristics. You’ve met them. They are people who seem to know what’s going to happen before it happens, those who seem to read minds, those who are both cursed and blessed by being highly intuitive. They are people who appear to go about their lives in a different way.
What Psychics Do in Their Day
• pay particular attention to their inner voices and listen to its urgings;
• pay attention to their bodies and are not afraid to be mystical;
• make time for solitude and take advantage of opportunities to contemplate the mysteries of existence;
• cherish creativity and put time into feeding that creativity;
• observe everything around them and attempt to make sense of what they see. They are drawn to finding the truth in others and in the world; and
• pay attention to their dreams, knowing that truth can be found in the spirit world as well as the physical world.
Sometimes a person will find himself or herself inundated with a strong suspicion of being more intuitive and more introspective than most. It is quite common that a person will come face-to-face with an overwhelming desire to find out what is actually behind what is seemingly unexplainable. Life often changes in an instant, forcing us to adjust to new information and new realities. But our adjustments to those changes are often gradual. Life changes can be like a soft, sloping curve on which we find ourselves on the other side of a theory, without having recognized the forces that moved us there.
How Do I Know I have Psychic Propensities?
Everything begins with feelings and occurrences you know are more than mere coincidence—strange and undeniable knowings you find impossible to ignore. You may have experienced a strong urge to call a relative, only to find out that you were needed at that very moment. Experiences like these happen more often to you than to others. During those times, acting on those feelings or urges—not logic—produces positive results. There may be times you suspect there is something beyond what’s called reality, something residing in the world of the paranormal.
It is said that psychic connections are made when a person picks up information in an uncommon way or from an unusual source. Psychic connections are said to be in play when a person acquires knowledge he or she could not have known—information emanating from a source outside of individual understanding, separate from any previous experiences or prior knowledge. While there is no scientific proof that these occurrences are psychic in nature, science has yet to explain them. Any psychic will attest that the proof is in the pudding. He or she has seen it and knows that such information comes directly from the universal mind, the higher self, and/or vibrations sent by other souls— the universal matrix. Psychics believe paranormal principles are the explanation.
Numerous techniques exist by which a person can investigate these mysteries. The investigations center entirely on different psychic practices and specialties psychics pursue. A majority of individuals believe intuition gives us the same information that comes from logical evaluation, personal experience, learned knowledge, and educated conclusions. However, psychics believe that they not only have access to information intuition provides, but that they have the benefit of information that has been passed down from the universe for millennia. They believe information is accessible at the behest of the universal mind and often available through a connection with deceased souls residing in a different reality. Psychics tune into higher sources from outside the human intellect, beyond intuition and learning. Tuning into higher sources of information begins when individuals aggressively direct their focus on becoming aware of themselves and the world around them. Every day they engage in the paranormal practice of communicating with a higher realm of consciousness, but they are just not aware of doing so.
MORE PSYCHIC DEVELOPMENT: All You Want to Know About Mental Telepathy: Learn to Access Your Ability
As a Psychic, Your Intention & Awareness Matters
Once you purposely make it a point to become aware, you will begin to find something else is at work. If you take time to analyze events nonchalantly referred to as coincidences, hunches, urges, or that inner voice, you will come to realize there is more to know about reality. It is even possible you may discover or become aware of the psychic strengths you tend to have. Pay attention to all your hunches, urges, and coincidences, and see if there are deeper messages and/or meanings. In order to stretch your mind’s ability to glean more, listen to them. Psychics look deep into their daily happenings in an effort to make sense of their lives and the roles they play in the universe. Psychics, as a result of centering on their awareness, learn from which specific events they receive most of their insights. This knowledge alerts future psychics to what the essence of their future practices should be.
Psychic Development: How to Get Started Opening to Your Psychic Gifts
It is not uncommon for one specific psychic practice (or perhaps several different practices) to resonate solidly with you—techniques that seem more in tune with your soul self than others. All practices are worth exploring in a sincere effort to find your way. Your intention to become aware of your surroundings and yourself will lead you to psychic practices most representing your connection with other dimensions and realities. Those who learn to interpret their urges and those who sincerely attempt to develop their psychic natures will find the following becomes true:
• Your meditations and methods of concentration will strengthen communication between the two hemispheres of your brain. They will enhance the brain’s overall activity level and thereby increase brain function.
• The practice of psychic energy will place your mind and body in balance; your overall physical, emotional, and spiritual well being will improve.
• You will achieve a balanced mind and body connection that will greatly facilitate the reception of psychic messages. It will open the way for clearer thinking and reasoning.
• Your insights involving your inner voice will improve.
• Your senses will become finely tuned (seeing, hearing, smelling, touching, and tasting).
• You will develop a sixth sense, a more intuitive knowing.
• The meditations and other techniques you practice will improve your concentration and awareness.
• You will develop an open pathway to your subconscious.
• You will uncover hidden truths about yourself and situations in your life.
• You will experience enhanced recognition of your inner voice that will help prevent the buildup of negative emotions and thinking.
• You will gain a more complete perspective on issues.
• You will make more integrated decisions.
To embark on the serious development of personal psychic abilities, you must purposely engage in investigating the powers existing within and around you. A psychic pursuit is never a selfish pursuit. The psychic pathway is gentle, powerful, and always non coercive.
If you are interested in learning more about how to connect deeply with higher power messages from your own thoughts, check out my Beginning Psychic and Mediumship Development Program. You might also enjoy Take the Leap: What It Really Means to Be Psychic as a start! Get your first four chapters free!
Photo credit: iStock