Psychic Development: Understanding What It means to be Empathic?
Being an empath is all about ‘feeling’ the emotions of others. This gift presents in many different ways. For example, do you feel that you just know things without being told? Or, do you feel overwhelmed in busy and loud place? Is it hard to be in an airport, mall or busy store? Do you take on the emotions or feeling of others as if they were yours? Or, do you feel the emotions of those near you? An empath will know or feel thoughts about themselves or another from near or even afar.
Am I a Psychic Empath? Here are 12 Traits:
- Do you have to turn off the television when you see violence or tragedy because it is just too unbearable? Do you stop watching or paying attention to the media, altogether, because of this?
- Do you actually feel the illnesses, aching, pains or physical symptoms of others when you are near them?
- Do you find yourself rooting for the losing team or the underdog in a situation? Are you inspired to support those who you see as being intimidated, bullied or who are suffering?
- Empaths are often highly creative and extremely rich imaginations. Is this you? Are you a fantastic day dreamer?
- Do you know when someone is telling mistruths or when you are getting partial truth? Do you loathe dishonesty and feel a deep desire for truth?
- Many empaths are natural healers. Do you have an affinity toward healing others? Or, are you drawn to holistic, metaphysical or naturopathic solutions and remedies?
- An empath will desire quiet time, peace and solitude in their daily lives wherein they can just ‘be’ and breathe and reflect and be in the moment. Often this is sought out through a deep connection and love of animals and children.
- Do you find that family and friends come to you to divulge their life issues and problems?
- Empaths are of problem solvers seeking out answers. Unresolved or unexplained question are frustrating as the empath searches for resolve and completion.
- Do you find yourself intolerant with clutter? Most empaths are free spirited souls, thriving on adventure and new experience. They are sponge-like when it comes to freedom, travel and learning. Is this you?
- Rules and regimen are stifling to the empath. Their freedom is essential and so control of any kind is met with great resistance. How do strict guidelines, procedures and guidelines work for you?
If you felt a resonation with any of these traits, it’s very likely you are an empath.
Techniques for the Psychic Empath
Purple and dark blue colored fruits assist you expanding and opening your third eye. Eat blackberries, blueberries or red grapes. Also, consider flavoring your foods with hemp seeds and lavender. Try burning Vanilla or Lavender incense to support this as well.
- Psychic Development & Protection Roses
A Protection Tool: Creating a Protection Rose
In your psychic development
, you must learn that your pure, positive essence is the only energy allowed in your space. A Protection Rose is an energy tool that assists you during your daily life, meditation or any kind of spiritual work to keep healthy energy boundaries in place. A Protection Rose acts like a filter or receptacle that absorbs energies near or around you that are not your own and don’t belong in your space.
- Be in the Center of Your Head in Your Psychic Development
Our lives are full of poignant experiences. If you are an energy worker, intuitive or healer of any kind you are likely coming across equally highly charged experiences – even if you are not consciously aware of it. It is natural to slip into the emotions and chaos of events around use and/or into the energy of the client. This is especially true if you are an empath. More often than not, at these times, your attention is focused outside of you, and you are completely entrenched with whatever situation is pressing at the moment. When you learn how to consciously be in the center of your head you begin to call your life force back to you, finding peace of mind, clarity and balance.
There is a spiritual space in the center of our heads from which we are better able to filter out much of the noise of the world, and more easily focus on consciously creating our experience. Staying in the center of your head increases your awareness of your body, mind and spirit.
Psychic Medium Michelle Beltran reveals powerful psychic development tips for empaths to cope. Click to learn if you have the psychic gift of being an empath.
Steps to Being in the Center of Your Head:
- You easily get into the center of your head by taking your awareness to this area of your body and acknowledging it.
- Imagine a miniature version of yourself right in the center of your head – at the apex of to two crossed lines traveling through the center of your head.
- The center of your head is your own space so decorate, design and flavor it any way you choose. Take some time to create this sacred space exactly as you choose.
- The center of your head is for you only. If any other people, animals, or issues are there ask them to leave through your Grounding Cord by opening the trap door located directly under the crossed lines.
- Psychics and Empaths Must Strengthen Root Chakra
The root chakra helps psychics, intuitives and empaths to stay grounded and in the present. When the root chakra is in balance we are in harmony and fully grounded in all matters of life around us. To support maintaining this equanimity, smudge your home, ground and run energy daily, and bathe in sage. Also, eat root vegetables such as garlic, onions, and carrots to enhance grounding. Most importantly, exercise! Try, dancing, cycling, or yoga.
- Tune into Your Throat Chakra to Access Psychic Awareness
This is the center of communication. Speak your truth, set boundaries and don’t be afraid to say, “No.” You can say no with love, care and grace. Try singing, chanting and sharing your feelings. Feed this chakra with water and tree-growing fruits like apricots and peaches.
What’s Next In Your Psychic Development?
As a psychic empath it is paramount to learn to manage the input of emotions and the physical reactions that accompany them. The empath must put these emotional connections into a space where they can acknowledge them and their physical manifestations as just information to be communicated and nothing more. This takes practice, but people so endowed are mandated to submit to their gifts and deliver the messages they receive. Try this powerful meditation to begin opening your third eye!
Develop Your Psychic Ability at The Intuitive Hour: Awaken Your Inner Voice!
Photo credit: iStock