What Is a Sacred Psychic Space?
In any kind of spiritual Psychic Development Training or healing work and especially in your psychic development you’ll want a space that is sacred, all yours. It is void of the on goings of the busy outside world. It is a sanctuary you can go to quiet your mind, to rejuvenate your energy and spiritual life force. A place where you can connect with your Higher Self, the Heavens and your soul self.
Open Your Mind
To The spirit World
Sign up and get your free ebook
Psychic Development and the Importance of a Sacred Psychic Space
It’s good practice to create space for ourselves both mentally and physically. A break from the noise, business and chatter from the world in order to maintain our balance is a must-do. Your spirit growth flourishes when it is honored with a place you can visit to quiet your mind, renew your energy, and commune with the heavens and your soul.
Today, during the hustle and bustle of your life, consider creating a sacred space in your home. This space is dedicated to your spiritual time and work.
How to Create a Sacred Space
Spend some time thinking about what makes a space sacred to you. Is it time alone? A special location? Or a place with meaning and history? To create a space that is special and sacred only to you, think about what you want to do or have to consider a space sacred. Once you are ready, begin with these essential tips:
- A sacred space can be built out of anything or established in any space. You can add a screen to an unused corner or clear out a closet. Chose a place where you know you won’t be disturbed or bothered. So long as the room or nook is a place where you can reflect, be quiet, think, go inside yourself and get centered, it will work.
- A sacred space can also be a simple as a decorated windowsill or dresser top with things of meaning only to you. It is also possible to create a portable space by filling a box with objects meaningful to you that you can take somewhere and be alone.
- To make a space really work for you, it will be necessary to pay special attention to the sounds, smells, and colors you should add to your space. Choose colors that bring your energy into balance, fragrances that soothe your senses, and sounds that bring you into harmony with your spirit.
- The choice of lighting will also be important. Lighting sets the tone for a room. Bright lighting can be welcoming or energizing, awakening your mind to possibilities ahead and low lighting can trigger relaxation and calming at days end.
- Don’t forget to include adding spots of nature in your space. Whatever your style, plant life and natural elements form a connection that will enhance the affect of your sacred space. The more hectic your life, the more you need an infusion of nature.
- The shape of your sacred space is also important. It may seem simplistic, but use circular furniture if you want movement or vibrancy in your space; use square furniture if you want to relax or be still. Creating your own sacred space can be energizing and fulfilling—a safe place in which to escape and re-energize. Let me know where you find your space and how your decoration have served to heal your soul.
Decorating Your Sacred Psychic Space
Decorate your sacred space just so, if you care to. If you’re fortunate enough to have a whole room, that’s great, but if not, is there a corner or certain area within a room that you can dedicate to being your sacred space? It is uniquely yours and only you are permitted here.
Blue, purple and clear gems or crystals are known to clarify thoughts and deepen the meditative state. Purple gemstones in particular are powerful energy tools for those seeking spiritual balance and harmony. By surrounding yourself with purple, you will more readily bring in ease and peace of mind. Purple crystals are known to be useful in meditation as they assist you in bringing you deeper into a focused state. Purple crystals also support you in opening your third eye and crown chakra, supporting your enlightenment and accessing your truest purpose.
Himalyan salt lamps not only bring in a wonderful soft glow light source but they also act as an air purifier for your sacred space. These powerful salt lamps give a warm amber glow. You can change the color of the bulb to give a different hue to the lighting area, providing a nice natural touch your sacred space. When the lamp is on it emits negative ions that fight against positively charged particles that cause you to feel stuffy and sluggish. The lit salt crystal clears the air naturally of allergens like smoke, pet dander, pollens, and other air pollutants. Check out these Himalayan salt lamps in my metaphysical store.
In meditation, our posture embodies dignity, so we meet the moments of meditation sitting upright, with dignity, honoring that space. Your sacred psychic space works similarly. Though there may be areas of clutter in other areas of your home, your sacred space should be honored with cleanliness. The clutter-free space is part of what lends to the dynamic energy in it. Since you will retreat here often, why not? What’s more, over time, you’ll find that you can move right into clarity, ease, peace and equanimity swiftly because the energy of the room has been primed from hours of meditation or spiritual work. The energy of this sacred space has a memory that stays within the room.
Remember, this is a place to go when not only when you are feeling tense, disconnected, or a bit of balance. It is also a place to go when you are feeling at peace yet desire to maintain that in your daily life. Think of this space as a choice and a step toward honoring you and your soul self. It is a gift to you.
Sacred Psychic Space & The Earth Elements Matter
You will learn in psychic development training that according to the Buddha, the element of fire is “that by which one is warmed, ages, and is consumed, and that by which what is eaten … gets completely digested.” Meaning, the element of fire within us is metabolism. It’s our power, strength and energy. My own sacred space includes the element of fire as well as water, earth and wind. Candles are a great way to bring in the element of fire. Be sure to consider the earth elements of water, air, and earth as well!
Consider adding wood as a grounding tool to this space. The element of wood in known to nourish growth and creativity. Wood is the most effective of the earth elements to bring personal growth, intuition and creativity! Does and image of statue of Buddha resonate with you? Consider a Buddha wood sculpture.
MORE PSYCHIC DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS: Psychic Development: The Necessity of Psychic Protection and How to Create a Protection Rose
My Journey to Help You with Your Psychic Development
In my own journey, I discovered psychic learning through training with internationally known, Dr. Paul H. Smith, who was a remote viewer assigned to the Project Stargate Program. This learning was one avenue of many that provided me with the opportunity to see things accurately to help you in your life challenges. I also teach basic psychic and mediumship development, and remote viewing where you can develop this skill for your own use or to help others. Learn more here!
Photo credit: iStock