Are Past Lives Real?
“Have I lived a past life?” you ask. Let’s explore that …
Open Your Mind
To The spirit World
Sign up and get your free ebook
According to data released by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, a quarter of Americans now believe in reincarnation. A billion Hindus and a half-billion Buddhists — not to mention the ancient Greeks, certain Jews and a few Christians — have believed in reincarnation for thousands of years. For them, you are born, you live, and then you die, and, since no one has lived a perfect life, your soul is born again. You are born again—not in a metaphorical sense or in some other location or sphere, but right here on earth. The brilliance of reincarnation is the ability of seeing history as your history. It gives you a different sense of what it means to be human.
How Can I Discern I’ve Lived a Past Life?
How do you know if you’ve ever lived a past life? Everyone has. There are clues you can look to that indicate the reality of a past life. It isn’t proof, but it is a hint.
- Dr. Brian Weiss, a specialist on past life regression, says the most common sign you’ll encounter is the feeling of déjà vu—the sensation that you’ve met a person before or been in a particular location you know for sure you have had no connection with in this life.
- Another indication is the feeling that a dream you’ve had is real—so real that you feel as though you were actually there. Still another hint is excelling in a talent or ability you’ve never studied or practiced. Imagine having something like a woodworking skill and not really know why.
- A soul mate or soul family is another signal that you’ve lived a past life. A soul mate, soul companion or soul family is the result of a relationship that was forged in some other life. It is very common to travel through various lives with the same group of souls. We learn our spiritual lessons and accumulate or resolve our karma with those soul-groups.
- Affinity for a place, time or culture: You have a deep love and unexplainable attraction for certain cultures, time periods or places. This is your soul remembering and having experienced this in another life.
- Memories and experiences from past lives can pass to subsequent lifetimes and leave residual energy. Hence, we can experience the past life traumas in our present lifetimes in the form of fears and phobias. Fear of water or drowning, the fear of a certain animal, places, or even tangible objects, colors or smells.
Relationships may change from life to life, but the souls we encounter are the same. If you want to explore whether this is true for you, take the time to dive deeply into any event you know did not happen to you in this life. Exploring what those incidents might mean will give you insights into your now and your past.
Past Lives Now Lead Us to the Akashic Records
This brings us to the Akashic Records, where all this, ever was, and ever will be is stored – including past lives.
Psychics believe there is a place where every human word and deed throughout all time has been recorded. Those records—a collection of every human event, thought, word, emotion and intent that have occurred in the past, present, or future—is called the Akashic records. This suppository of information of human consciousness is encoded in a non-physical existence known as the etheric plane.
This library of all-existence holds the record of your soul’s journey from the first time you appeared in the source, until you eventually return home. No matter whether you are a new soul or an ancient one, the Akashic energy is the holographic repository of all your thoughts, feelings, actions and deeds, from each lifetime you have ever lived.
Just knowing whom you were in the past, who you are today, and who you are meant to be in the future, influences the life you lead now. It influences your relationships, your belief systems, and the future realities you draw toward yourself.
Who Can Access the Akashic Records?
Everyone can access the information from the Akashic Records at any time and from anywhere. The flashes of intuition and knowing-hunches that occur every day are glimpses into the wisdom contained in the Akashic Records. Every being in the Universe contributes to, and can access, the Akashic Records. Because we are all created by and connected to its energy, our divine birthright includes having access to the wisdom and knowledge contained therein.
It is possible to learn about your relationships, your health, your soul path, even your past lives and every other conceivable topic. The answers you receive during an Akashic reading offers help and hope as well as empowerment by knowing the truth of your situation and the possibilities unfolding in your life.
How Can I Access the Akashic Records?
How do you gain access to this information? It’s simple. You ask. You relax and have an open mind. You take on the stance that it is possible. It is all about surrounding yourself with the most loving and healing energy you can muster.
It is important to feel completely safe in a zone of benign emotions and achieve a meditative state. If you feel rushed or unsure about your results, it will be difficult to retrieve the information you seek. Take your time to concentrate on what you need and proceed with confidence. Here are some formal steps to help you even further:
- Discern what you desire to know. Be clear and concise. For example, “It is my intention to travel to and access the Akashic Records.
- Quiet your mind, be in a meditative space. Make an agreement with your sub conscious self that you will come back to all the to-dos of the day later. Focus on your intention of accessing the Akashic Records.
- If you are working with guides as for their assistance now.
- State your specific question out loud. Be clear, concise and specific with your question. All questions are okay. You may say, “I’d like to know what is right for me to know about my most recent past life.” Be patient as the answer comes.
- Use all of your senses: sight, sound, taste, touch, smell and feeling. Who is it connecting with you? Ask this spiritual being to come forward. Ask their name. Then, listen as they respond to your question. Your answer may come in a symbol, a sound or song, an image, a memory or even a feeling. Again, pay very close attention to all your senses, even your physical body.
- As you are ready to be complete, thank the spiritual presence for sharing their message. Now, take the time to journal this experience. Did you receive your answer? Did you access the Akashic Records? What did it look like or feel like? Did you see structures? It may be that you saw temples or domes. Perhaps you were led to library or scrolls?
Everyone will have a unique experience. You may come upon spirit guides and or angelic like forms. One this if for sure, this experience is akin to channeling and you may feel like you’re in a dream. Did you feel like you were in a movie? This is possible as you open to the sacred documents of all that is, ever was or ever will be. Whatever your experience, it is sacred and real. You can now access this anytime you desire.
MORE PSYCHIC TIPS: 4 Dynamic Psychic Development Techniques to Strengthen Your Intuition