9 Daily Practices To Jumpstart Your Psychic Development
Are you curious to know how to open your psychic senses? Many of us possess natural psychic abilities like intuition and dreaming, yet few have tapped into their full potential….
If not, you may be surprised to learn that almost every culture throughout history has had some form of animal totems. These are spiritual guides that come in the form of animals and they can provide us with guidance, support and wisdom when we need it most.
Open Your Mind
To The spirit World
Sign up and get your free ebook
Animal totems have been around for centuries, with different cultures all over the world relying on them for guidance and support. The most well-known cultures that have used animal totems are Native American tribes, who saw animals as sacred beings that could teach them important lessons about life. In fact, many of the animals that are commonly associated with Native American tribes, such as eagles, wolves and bears, are also popular animal totems for people all over the world.
Have you ever wondered where the saying “as stubborn as a mule” comes from? Or what the symbolism of a hawk is? If so, then you’re interested in animal totems. Animal totems are symbols that are used to represent different animals. Each animal has its own set of characteristics and traits that can be helpful for humans to know about.
MORE ON ANIMAL TOTEMS: All About Animal Totems and How to Initiate Connection
An animal totem is simply an animal that serves as a spiritual guide or protector. Each totem animal has its own unique gifts and talents that it can share with us, and they can help us to overcome challenges and obstacles in our lives.
There are many different ways that you can use animal totems to support you. Here are five of the most popular ways:
1. Use them as a source of inspiration.
Animal totems can be a great source of inspiration when you’re feeling lost or stuck in life. When you connect with your totem animal, it can help you to see things from a different perspective and find the strength and courage to move forward.
2. Use them as a source of guidance.
If you’re ever feeling uncertain about a decision you have to make, your animal totem can be a great source of guidance. Ask your totem animal for help and see what advice it has to offer you.
3. Use them as a source of strength.
There will be times in life when you feel like you can’t go on. When you’re feeling weak or vulnerable, your animal totem can help you to find the strength you need to keep going.
4. Use them as a source of protection.
Your animal totem can also serve as a powerful protector, guarding you from harm and helping you to stay safe in challenging situations.
5. Use them as a source of love.
Last but not least, your animal totem can also be a source of love and support. When you feel alone or unsupported, your totem animal can help you to feel loved and connected.
If you haven’t already, take some time to connect with your animal totem and see what gifts it has to offer you. You may be surprised at just how much guidance, inspiration and strength it can provide!
There are many different types of animal totems, and each one has its own unique meaning. Here are 10 of the most powerful animal totems and what they mean for you. Each totem is associated with different strengths and qualities, so it is important to choose the one that is right for you. Let’s explore these powerful animals further!
1. Bear: The bear is a powerful totem animal that symbolizes strength, courage, and determination. Bears are known for their ability to overcome challenges and obstacles, making them a great totem for those who are facing difficulties in their lives. If you have a bear as your totem animal, it means that you have the strength and fortitude to overcome anything that comes your way.
2. Wolf: The meaning of the wolf tells us of the importance of family and tight knit group affiliations. You may be reminded of your instincts to protect the young or old because of the presence of the wolf spirit enery. Meaning you may find a place of nurturing or protecting others close to you.
3. Eagle: The eagle is a totem animal that symbolizes wisdom, freedom, and power. Eagles are known for their keen vision and ability to see things from a different perspective. If you have an eagle as your totem animal, it means that you have the wisdom and strength to achieve great things in your life but a keen ability to view the big picture of things. This can make for the best of visionaries and innovative, forward-moving thinkers! The eagle can also represent freedom, independence, and a deep connection to the Divine.
4. Tiger: The tiger spirit animal symbolizes an ability to trust yourself. By connection with this animal totem you may enjoy working through life matters spontaneously, you can act quicky and you trust your intuition.
5. Lion: If the lion is your Totem Animal, you face challenges head-on, without fear. You are cunning and have the strength to outlast the competition, no matter what. If you’ve got the heart of a lion, you have the uncanny ability to stay motionless and silent; your ease with stillness and silence makes you a natural in meditation and trancework. Lion People make for some of the best leaders. They are adept at dealing with less-than-cooperative groups. Lion people dare to make whatever changes necessary to protect the figurative pride. In some cultures, the lion is seen as a guardian spirit that watches over and protects its family. It is viewed as a symbol of protection, strength, courage, and loyalty. If you are seeing the lion in your dreams this can tell you that you are safe and being looked after. This is especially true if you feel like you’re facing an uphill battle or a difficult challenge in your life.
6. Deer: The deer is a totem animal that symbolizes gentleness, grace, and beauty. Deer are known for their gentle nature and ability to bring peace and harmony into their lives. If you have a deer as your totem animal, it means that you have the qualities of gentleness and grace.
7. Rabbit: The rabbit is a totem animal that symbolizes luck, fertility, and abundance. Rabbits are known for their ability to reproduce quickly and their luck in finding food and resources. If you have a rabbit as your totem animal, it means that you have the qualities of luck and fertility.
8. Snake: The snake is a totem animal that symbolizes transformation, rebirth, and healing. Snakes are known for their ability to shed their skin and start anew. If you have a snake as your totem animal, it means that you have the ability to transform and heal yourself.
9. Falcon: The falcon is a totem animal that symbolizes speed, agility, and precision. Falcons are known for their ability to fly quickly and accurately. If you have a falcon as your totem animal, it means that you have the qualities of speed, agility, and precision.
10. Owl: The owl is a totem animal that symbolizes wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Owls are known for their ability to see in the dark and for their wisdom in choosing their mates. If you have an owl as your totem animal, it means that you have the qualities of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.
These are just a few of the most powerful totem animals and their meanings. If you feel drawn to any of these animals, consider making them your totem. Remember, each totem animal has its own unique meaning, so choose the one that resonates with you the most!
I hope you enjoyed this article on animal totems. If you’re looking for more spiritual development information on various topics like mediumship, remote viewing, how to know you’re psychic, the pendulum and so much more, check out The Intuitive Hour: Awaken Your Inner Voice podcast, along with my over 183 episodes covering a wide variety of intuitive development topics.
This article is based on an episode at the Intuitive Hour: Awaken Your Inner Voice, one of the Top 8 Podcasts of 2022 To Improve Your Interpersonal Skills right alongside some of the podcast greats: Anthony Robbins, Jay Shetty, Brendon Burchard and featured as 45 Best Psychic Podcasts.
Photo credit: Canva
My free and simple Controlled Remote Viewing exercise will empower you to uncover answers to your burning questions about lost objects, events, or people in the past, present or future.