Psychic Development and Animal Spirit
What Are Animal Totems and Symbols?
Psychic medium explains that animal totems may present for long or short periods of time in our lives. They are directly connected to what is presenting now in your life and/or to lessons that are meant for you.
Tune into whether or not the relationship with your animal totem is meant for a number of days or years. Let this powerful animal relationship lead you forward in terms of new knowledge or awareness about your core traits. Animal totems might be presenting to teach you through emotional aspects such as strength, patience, insecurity, fear, confidence or anger.
The Power of Animal Totems
In short, animal totems help us to learn about our ultimate truths in life. They may present in meditative space and/or dream space bringing much-needed lessons. It is also common that animal totems are a spiritual tool for you. I.e., when you see this animal it is your spiritual reminder to Ground. The time frame in which a particular animal totem is in your life directly correlates with how well you recognize, learn and then incorporate the knowledge into your life.
As I Develop Psychically, How Do I Connect with My Animal Totem?
Be mindful that your animal totem/s (and we do have more than one) have chosen you! They will present when you are fully and completely ready to accept and realize the lessons in their coming.
Most often, your animal totems are wild animals as opposed to domesticated. This is not always the case but often is. Use your gift of Claircognizance (clear knowing) to discern this. You will know there is a higher knowing message for you when the animal totem presents because there is an unmistakable familiar knowing connected to the presence of the animal. Absolute honor, awareness and respect should be expressed as you are now ready for a new segment in your journey. What a gift!
In time, your relationship with these animal totems grows and as this happens deep trust of the messages come. Eventually take on those imbued characteristics and this assists you in understanding, on a deeper level, the animal kingdom, becoming one with the energy.
Use Your Intuition As You Consider Your Animal Totem
Consider these questions as this will assist you in finding your animal totem:
Is there an animal that captivated you as a child?
Do you feel a deep connection to a particular animal?
What animals do you see repeatedly?
Consider animal traits/characteristics. Which animal most closely associates with your personality?
Which animals do you recognize that you have near you in your home or work space in pictures, song, and art work?
Use Your Psychic Ability and Connect With Your Animal Totem
As you begin to discover your animal totems, try this meditation:
- In a relaxed and upright position, quiet your mind for 10 to 15 minutes then simply state out loud to the Universe, “I would like to meet my animal totem.”
- Let yourself be a stream of consciousness, naturally allowing information to float in. Be an observer and just watch what animals or bits of the animal kingdom or even nature float in and out. Remember to use all of your senses: sight, sound, taste, touch, smell and feelings while in this space.
- What do you see? Is a forest, stream, mountain top, den or nest of some kind presenting? You may be taken to a region or directly to the home of your animal totem. Tune into the richness of the landscape. Notice the colors, shapes, sizes of things here. Is there running water? Notice the clear and pure nature of the running water. Are there ripples in the water created by anything? Now, smell the fragrance of that place. What does it smell like here? What season is it? Is it Spring? Fall? Winter? What does that smell like? Touch the earth, rocks or trees here. What do they feel like? Is there snow, water, or sand? Reach out and touch this too.
- Now, give attention to the sounds near you. Do you hear leaves crunching as an animal approaches? Do you hear chirps, flutters, swooshing, animal calls or other sounds? Animal totems may present in various sizes so be attentive to just the slightest and smallest animal. This may even be a newborn animal of some kind. Is there a sound from this newborn?
- When you are ready, ask your animal totem to appear. They may do so in the distance or right in front of you. They might also present clearly and very close you. They may even land gently on your shoulder or hand. They understand your feelings. Now, listen and watch for your animal totem’s messages. Open your heart and mind to greet your animal. Allow the animal, lessons and any messages to arrive at its own pace. Be present with this for several minutes.
- The animal totem may be fleeting, meaning they come and go quickly. This is okay. Trust that necessary connection was made.
- When you are ready, thank your animal totem and send energy of appreciation. Trust in the relationship and know that your relationship has started and is continuing to grow.
Are You an Animal Lover? Use Your Intuition and Psychic Ability to Develop Your Connection With the Animal Kingdom
Do you want help connecting to your animal totems? Learn Animal Speak – Understanding Animal Messengers, Totems, and Signs to call on the innate medicine of your animal guardians for protection, heal, uncover your own hidden strengths, and more!